Thursday, July 30, 2009

Finding Your Tax Records

There are times when we as taxpayers misplace some of our important tax documents making it difficult to accurately prepare our taxes. Casualties such as a flood or fire can destroy tax documents and if there was not a data backup plan in place, recreating documents can become very time consuming. If a taxpayer finds themselves in a situation like those previously mentioned; the IRS can be a good place to begin the task or reconstruction.

If you have lost your prior year tax documents, be sure to download and fill out Form 4506-T to request copies of your prior year’s tax returns. This is a good starting point to reconstruct your data so that you and your tax professional can prepare your returns. Form 4506-T can be used to request personal, business, and payroll tax forms and the forms can be certified for court or other administrative proceedings.

Keeping Your Business N Synergy

No comments: